Sunday 25 March 2012

Keeping Consistent

Not a terrible week of training.  I had two massage and one chiropractic appointment. Was consistent with my workouts.  I was fighting a cold most of the week so I wasn't feeling 100%.  My thinking is this week will be a bit slower at the clinic with so many people on spring break.  It might allow for a huge week of training!!

Monday
am: 45 minute easy run
pm: CrossFit Workout - Warmup + 3 sets of 3 reps of front squat (full recovery) + 1000 meter row + 3 rounds of 15 ring rows + 20 air squats

Tuesday
15 minute easy run + 6 x 10 seconds fast (walk back rest) + 7 x 300 meter tempo - 100 meters sprint (2 to 3 minutes rest) + 10 minute easy run
Might not look impressive on paper, but this has been my longest track workout to date.  I felt pretty strong I was running with a few other people.  I felt like I was holding my own for once.

Wednesday
30 minute progression run
I was short on time today!

Thursday
Off
I had planned on a workout but when I arrived at the gym athletes were doing the final event of the CrossFit Open.

Friday
20 minute easy run + 6 x 10 second hill sprints (walk back rest) + 5 minute easy run + 6 x 10 second hill sprints (walk back rest) + 5 minute easy run + 6 x 10 second hill sprints (walk back rest) + 20 minute easy run

Saturday
40 minute progression run
This was a re-match of the burpee challenge between myself and Jesse.  Jesse pulled away over the final few minutes.  I suspect he was holding back.

Sunday
am: 35 minute easy run
pm: 35 minute easy run

No comments:

Post a Comment