Sunday 11 March 2012

Poor Hamstrings

Not a great week of training.  I had no spare time with volunteering at the Canadian Indoor Championships.  I was only working on a few athletes so it wasn't physically draining, but I find doing treatments in a competition setting to be mentally exhausting as you want the athlete to perform well and not pull a hamstring.  As a therapist you often have to do on the spot problem solving, whereas in the clinic the pace is slower & controlled.

This week I got a bit carried away on my Tuesday sprint session.  I was running 14 low for 100m.  My hamstring were sore for 5 days following the workout!!!

Here's my favorite hamstring vid from 1992 Olympics.


Monday
CrossFit
Warm-up + 15 minutes of skipping - front squats - ring rows + Cool-down

Tuesday
23 minute easy run + 8 x 50 meter sprints + 10 x 100 meter sprints + 10 minute easy run

Wednesday
30 minute easy run

Thursday
off

Friday
30 minute easy run

Saturday
15 minute easy run + 8 x 10 second sprints (60sec jog rest) + 16 x 30 seconds @ 8mph/12% (30sec jog) + 10 minute easy run

Sunday
am: 80 minute easy run
pm: 35 minute easy run

No comments:

Post a Comment