Sunday 18 March 2012

I Feel Like a Real Runner


I'm starting to feel like a real runner!  This week I have encountered some good & bad.  Years past when I was training more seriously I was always riding a razors edge between peak fitness and injury.

Training has been good this past week.  I've had some solid sessions this past week despite being really busy with work.  I'm starting to feel comfortable at quicker paces.  Saturday's workout has been the most intense workout to date. 

Unfortunately before the workout I didn't feel quite right, but decided to go ahead with the workout anyway.  I have always suffered from springtime allergies.  For the past few days I thought I was dealing with allergies, but on Saturday I was certain I was coming down with a head cold.  In an attempt to be proactive I opted out of a Sunday long run.  My hope is I will be feeling better tomorrow.


Monday
Off

Tuesday
Maxbell
10 minute easy run + 12 x 10 seconds fast (walk back rest) + 500m tempo - 100m all-out (full rest) + 300m tempo + 100m all-out + 200m tempo - 100m all-out + 100 tempo - 100m all-out + 10 minute easy run

Wednesday
off

Thursday
60 minute easy run

Friday
Lindenwoods Hill
10 minute easy + 8 x 50m uphill + 4 sets of 400m uphill - 3 x 50m uphill (jog back recoveries) + 10 minute easy run

Saturday
Treadmill
15 minute easy run + 8 x 10 seconds fast + 16 x 30 seconds @ 8.0mph/12.0% (30secs jog rest) + 3 rounds of 20 burpees + 10 squats (50lbs) + 10 lunges (50lbs) + 10 minute easy run

Sunday
Treadmill
Hill Progression Run - 5 minutes easy (4.0mph/4.0%) + 15 minutes steady (6.0mph/6.0%) + 10 minutes fast (7.5mph/8.0%)

Mike
http://www.massageathletica.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment