Sunday 5 February 2012

I Ran Every Single Day

Had a another consistent week of training.  I'm still unable to find enough time or motivation to run much further than 30 minutes at a time.  I managed to complete two difficult sessions at CrossFit 204.

This week was a good week for taking care of my body.  I had a 1hr massage appointment as well as two chiropractic appointments.  It always astounds me at how few treatments most athletes receive.  I'm not sure the exact reasoning whether it be not knowing the benefits, limited finances, disconnect between coaches and practitioners...?  I just think most athletes are wasting there time training hard if they don't recover well.  I suppose I was lucky I had a coaches and trained with teammates that forced you to do the little thing (chiro, massage, sleep, diet and so on).   I will stop before I go on a rant!

Monday
35 minute easy run with Lisa

Tuesday
CrossFit - Warm-up + 30 reps of clean & press + Cool-down.  
This is a signature CrossFit workout called "Grace".  The standard is suppose to be done with a 135lb, I think I completed the workout with 85lb in a time of 2min04.

Wednesday
am: 35 minute easy run
pm: 35 minute easy run with Lisa

Thursday
CrossFit - 25 minute easy run + Warm-up + 15 minutes of 10 dips + 20 pushups + 100 single skips + Cool-down

Friday
28 minute easy run

Saturday
30 minute easy run

Sunday
35 minute progression run

Mike B.

No comments:

Post a Comment