Sunday 15 January 2012

Still Motivated

I'm still feeling motivated.  It's amazing how many people have told me I don't have a chance at returning to the fitness I had a few years ago.  It definitely motivates me to prove these people wrong!  


It might appear my training is completely random, but I'm attempting to vary the load of training as much as possible.  I know if i were to jump back into some serious running it will most likely result in injury.  I have a few chronic aches & pains that always create issues in the later stages of a race, so I have been paying extra attention to my left Achilles and right glute medius with treatments and corrective exercises.  After Tuesday session of 200 meter runs I realised I am lacking so much speed.  I don't feel comfortable just yet running faster speed.  
I was pumped to do some good training early in the week.   By Friday & Saturday I got busy with work and going to the Jets game.  This coming week I'm going to dust off the spikes and do some short sprints.


Monday
5 minute jog + body pump class (1hr) + 45 minute easy run

Tuesday
25 minute easy run + 5 x 200m runs (2-3min rest) + split jerks + 50 burpees


Wednesday
45 minute easy run with Lisa

Thursday
25 minute progression run + 10 x 50 meters fast (2min rest)

Friday
Off

Saturday
Off


Sunday
60 minute hill progression run + upper body weights


Mike

2 comments: