Sunday 8 April 2012

I Just Got Beat By A Girl

Another good week of training (I think).  On Wednesday I did my weekly track workout with Cathy.  This week we switched it up doing a bit more anaerobic training - 16 x 200 meters with a 60 second rest.    We quickly settled in to 32 seconds per 200 meters. I felt pretty uncomfortable after only a few reps, but held tough because I wasn't going to let a girl beat me.  Cathy and I have been training together since the age of 15, even back then she could beat me at sprints!   By the 8th rep I was hurting pretty bad I told her I was about to quit.  Cathy told me to suck it up, I held on for another 4 reps before calling it a day.  Cathy did an extra two reps for a total of 14 x 200 meters.  

Monday
CrossFit  5 x 5 reps of back squat.
I had completed this workout the previous week.  I increased my weight to 115LB.  I feel I can  do a lot more but I'm not sure the trade off of being sore is worth it. 

Tuesday
Pm 1: 20 minute easy run + 6 x 50 meter sprints (walk back rest) + 6 minute tempo run + 6 x 50 meter sprints + 10 minute easy run
Pm 2: CrossFit  Warmup + 20 minutes of 50 skips + 15 ring rows + 10 burpees + Cooldown

Wednesday
15 minute easy run + 6 x 50 meter sprints (walk back rest) + 12 x 200 meters (1 minute rest) + 10 minute easy run

Thursday
Off

Friday
Am:  25 minute easy run + 6 x 50 meter sprints (walk back) + 4 x 1min (1min rest) + 2 x 2min (2min rest) + 3 x 1min (3min rest) + 1 x 2min + 25 minute easy run
Ran with Bradley.  He kicked my butt.  I was happy that the workout was 1hr45min total.
Pm: CrossFit  Warmup + 15 burpees + Fran + 50 overhead lunges + carrying jugs filled with rocks for 900 meters + Cooldown
Very difficult!

Saturday
45 minute easy run
Final Jets Game of season

Sunday
57 minute easy run
Recovering from Jets Game

No comments:

Post a Comment