Thursday 1 December 2011

2 More Days!!

Well, we're almost there! We're leaving tonight to drive to Grand Forks, and then from there we're flying to Vegas!! I'm all packed, but Mike.. who knows, he said he threw some stuff and his passport into a bag.... I think its going to be a pretty crazy weekend for us. There are over 44,000 runners in the half and full Las Vegas Marathon. Mike was pretty disappointed his bib isn't #1. He laughed when my bib said "56608"
and then I got back at him by letting him know that his bib said "51606", which he wasn't very happy about... I'm assuming this is due to our late entries. It definitely doesn't feel like we'll be running a marathon this weekend! I don't think the weather will be too warm there, between 0-15 degrees, but it's better than the weather here so that's something!
Now, its good to have motivation for a marathon, and I know what mine is: his name is Corey. Corey believes that Kelsey and I can't do the marathon in the time limit of 4:30. So just being able to come back and tell him I did it is motivation enough for me! Although now that I'm writing this for the public to read, if I don't make it it won't be fun to have him tell me "I told you so" SO that is why I must finish the marathon in under 4:30!!
This will probably be the last blog before we do the race, so wish us luck!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment